Are you interested in hanging high quality artwork in your favorite outdoor living space? Most homes and businesses have wonderful outside areas, but artwork is usually absent due to concerns about sunlight and weather damaging the art. If you think there is no way to safely hang artwork outside, I have great news for you! In 2023, a durable and long-lasting print option has emerged, and it’s seriously impressive. Specifically designed to withstand the elements and resist fading for 10+ years, ChromaLuxe Outdoor aluminum metal prints are the perfect solution for bringing artistic beauty to your patio, deck or cabana.
Historically, placing artwork in outdoor spaces has been problematic, since the sunlight and harsh weather conditions caused most print surfaces to quickly fade, crack, peel and warp. Most people, myself included, wouldn’t even consider hanging a fine art print outside! Over the past several years, outdoor print technology has been evolving with ChromaLuxe and several print dye manufacturers leading the way. These new prints have completely changed with way I think about displaying artwork outdoors. Keep reading to learn more about this exciting breakthrough technology.
ChromaLuxe® Outdoor Metal Prints - Key Benefits
- Durable and long-lasting print surface designed to withstand the elements
- Resists fading for 10+ years, even when displayed outside in direct sunlight!
- Artwork looks amazing in outdoor living spaces
- Vibrant colors, stunning depth/details and 3D appearance
- Available in matte and gloss finishes
- Lightweight and easy to hang
- Delivered ready-to-hang with hanging hardware
Where to buy Outdoor Metal Prints
Every photo in Scott Smorra Photography's portfolio is available for purchase as outdoor metal prints. Ordering prints is easy! Click on any picture in the Scott Smorra Fine Art Galleries, scroll down below the photo and select the ChromaLuxe Outdoor Metal Print option. Once and order is placed, the print will be made and shipped directly to your door. Prints are delivered ready-to-hang.
Questions and Answers about Outdoor Metal Prints
Can metal prints be hung outside?
- It depends on what type of metal print you have. If it's a ChromaLuxe Outdoor metal print, yes, it can be hung outside, since these prints are specifically designed to withstand the elements. Regular ChromaLuxe HD metal prints should NOT be hung outside, since they will quickly fade.
What is a ChromaLuxe HD metal print?
- A ChromaLuxe HD metal print is a fine art print created by infusing ink directly into a coated sheet of aluminum using a process called dye sublimation.
- Heat and pressure is used to move the print dyes from a transfer paper to a special coating on the aluminum.
- When the print cools the print dyes are permanently bonded to the metal, which provides unmatched resistance of fading, abrasion, moisture and chemicals.
- The prints are only~1mm thick, which makes them lightweight, but still durable and robust.
- Perfect for home décor, hotels, businesses, hospitals, corporate settings, art installation, businesses, retail.
What is a ChromaLuxe Outdoor metal print?
- ChromaLuxe Outdoor metal prints are similar to ChromaLuxe HD prints, but use a UV coating on the metal and specialized UV resistant inks, which makes them weather and water resistant.
- ChromaLuxe Outdoor metal prints will resist fading for 10+ years, even when displayed outside in direct sunlight.
Which company makes the best metal prints?
- ChromaLuxe is the leading manufacturer of aluminum metal print panels in 2023.
- I've tested metal prints from several different manufacturers and I believe ChromaLuxe metal prints are the highest quality.
- ChromaLuxe metal prints cost more, but have better colors, fewer imperfections and better resistance to fading.
How do I hang an outdoor metal print?
- There are several different ways to hang an outdoor metal print.
- The main factor to consider when hanging a metal print outside is how much wind blows through the exterior space.
- If wind is a concern, drilling small holes in the corners of the print and mounting it directly to the wall with screws/anchors is generally the best option.
- For less windy areas, a French cleat or wall-buddy mounting system can be considered.
- If you order an outdoor metal print from Scott Smorra Photography, Scott will work with you to determine the best mounting option.
What are some good places to hang an outdoor metal print?
- Outdoor living areas like a patio, lanai, deck, cabana, porch, atrium, pergola, grilling area, sunroom, 3 season room, courtyard or garden are all perfect places for outdoor metal prints.
Are outdoor metal prints waterproof?
- Although the prints are not not submergible, they are highly resistant to water and exposure to rain is OK.
My print won’t be in direct sunlight. Will the print last longer?
- Mounting in areas without direct sunlight will extend the life of the print.
How do I clean a ChromaLuxe Outdoor metal print?
- ChromaLuxe metal prints are very easy to clean using a soft cloth and any all purpose household cleaner (Windex).
- The dye sublimation process creates a chemical bond at the molecular level and the prints have virtually no pores.
- The smooth surface inhibits the growth of bacteria / mold and makes the prints easy to clean.
- These benefits also make ChromaLuxe HD metal prints a great choice for the health care setting (hospitals, clinics) where proper cleaning is necessary
Are ChromaLuxe Outdoor metal prints worth it?
- If you are looking to elevate your outdoor living space with beautiful artwork, yes, it's worth it!
How much does an outdoor metal print cost?
- Scott Smorra Photography's ChromaLuxe Outdoor metal prints start at $495. Scroll down below any photo in the fine art galleries to see the prices for different sizes.
How do I order a ChromaLuxe Outdoor metal print?
- Simply scroll down below a photo in the Fine Art Galleries and find the ChromaLuxe Outdoor Metal Print (New!) section. Select a size and place your order.
These are exciting times for displaying artwork in outdoor living spaces. Over the past few years, ChromaLuxe Outdoor metal prints have emerged as the perfection solution for bringing artistic beauty to your patio, deck or cabana. If you are looking to elevate your outdoor living area with beautiful artwork, I strongly encourage you to consider an outdoor metal print. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or leave a comment below.
ChromaLuxe did not sponsor this article or pay me anything to publish it. I believe in the product and use it myself, so everything written here represents my own opinions and experiences.
100% of this article was written by a human (Scott Smorra). No artificial intelligence software (Chat GPT, Bard, Bing Chat) was used in the creation of this blog post.
Updated: October 25, 2023